July 8, 2009

Leslie E. Nelson

Thought I would add a few more paintings to my portfolio on my blog. Another Sanibel Island painting and two I just finished and entered into the Rio Grande Art Association show coming up in the fall. Sanibel Sea Shells II (16 x 20) was in the recent spring show of the New Mexico Watercolor Society. The other two (Paper Tigers and Linda's Bouquet) are acrylic paintings, which is the medium I am currently working in. The three new paintings are on the right side of the blog. Paper Tigers is bits of newspaper glued to watercolor paper in a "mosaic-y" way, painted with acrylics, and then adhered to canvas. Something a little bit different. The Rio Grande Art Association (RGAA) is basically an oil and acrylic group (not accepting art under glass). The Watercolor Society accepts only paintings under glass. So this gives me two very different options for my work.

Above is a picture of my granddaughter, Leslie, who is a junior this year at Papillion High School, in Papillion, Nebraska. This is one of her senior pictures. She and her mother have made some trips to colleges and I think she will be settling on one in Marysville,Missouri. She wants to be a journalist and is on the school newspaper. I can't believe I will soon have a grandchild going to college!! Can I be that old?